So I was agoninzing the other day about ways to increase the traffic here on my blog, when I realized something. DIGG is a web-site I visit almost every day, in fact I have it linked to my homepage. Although technically not a blog, I refer to it as a model of how to generate interest in what would otherwise be obscure web-sites. The application behind DIGG is that users submit links to various websites and everybody who is a member of the site votes (called a Digg) on which of those sites should make it to the homepage and been seen by millions of web browsers. The exposure those sites receive are tremendous.
So what's this got to do with my blog? One of the things I'm always seeing pop up on Digg is Lists. The Top Ten Tear-Jerker Movies of All Time . . . The Top Ten Horror Movies . . . The Worst 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' Performances Of All Time. Get my point. I'm gonna make up my own list. But I need some help. Below is a couple of idea's I'm thinking about pursuing. Tell me what you think about them, or give me an idea for a list you think would make for some interesting choices. Here's what I have so far:
1. Top ten excuses to use to get out of a blind date.
2. Top ten reasons I don't have my homework assignment today.
3. Top ten TV shows I'm embarrassed to say I love.
4. Top ten enbarrassing bathroom moments.
5. Top ten guys I would 'make my bitch', if we were in thrown in jail together.
6. Top ten headline hogs I would hit the delete key on.
7. The twelve women I would choose to pose for a calendar.
8. The top ten mysteries I would like to know the answer to.
9. If you had a million dollars and had to spend it on ten items, what would they be?
10.The top ten songs you would include on a make-out mix tape.
What do you think? Have any other ideas? Make a list.