First up is the One Lovely Blog Award from Jemi Fraser at Just Jemi. I know most of you have probably already visited her blog (it’s awesome), but those who haven’t really need to give her a look-see. She generates a ton of comments for all of her posts. There are no specific instructions for this award, so I’m simply tapping the shoulder of three lovely bloggers who I admire. They are:
Karen Amanda Hooper @ Eternal Moonshine of a Daydreaming Mind
Summer @ and this time, concentrate
Next up, Shannon @ Book Dreaming and T.J. @ T.J. Carson’s Writing Endeavor both awarded me the Happy 101 Award. This award makes me drool with hunger every time I see it. :) These two ladies are on opposite sides of the spectrum, Shannon has been around the block a few times and is a staple here in our little community, and T.J. is a freshman in college just getting her legs underneath her in the blogosphere, but the thing is the energy pulsating from each of their blogs is equally impressive. In that light, I’m going to pass this award onto three more bloggers who exhibit that same level of energy in their blogs. Please check out:
Laura @ Wavy Lines
Tara @ Feel of Something New
Lydia over at The Word is My Oyster bestowed the Sunshine Award on me despite my track record of keeping plants alive in my office. :) Along with being an insightful blogger, she happens to be a full-time doctor! Which reminds me…Lydia, I have this itch…..(just kidding). You can imagine what it’s like trying to find time to write with everything going on in her life! I’m choosing to pass this award onto three bloggers who bring a little bit of sunshine into my life. They are:
G~ @ A Muse in My Pocket (who just got married)
Tina @ Sweet Niblets
And finally, I’ve been tagged…literally. Julie at Silver Lining and Tara at Feel of Something New both hit me with the five answers to five questions survey. Here goes.
Question 1: Where were you five years ago?
1. Probably sitting at this very same desk
2. Preparing for my oldest son’s high school graduation & celebratory cruise.
3. Wondering who would be the cleanup hitter for my youngest sons little league baseball team.
4. Content in my job.
5. Trying to decide how to channel my creative impulses into something constructive and experimenting with blogging.
Question 2: Where would you like to be five years from now?
1. Still sitting at this very same desk.
2. Published! Multiple times! (Funny how common this theme is)
3. Rejoicing over two college graduate children with careers of their own.
4. Looking forward to driving down to yet another one of my father’s family get-togethers.
5. Replying to each comment from my nearly 5,000 blog followers.
Question 3: What is (was) on your to do list today?
1. Finish this blog post as well as the one for my 300 followers celebration.
2. Play with my family.
Question 4: What five snacks do you enjoy?
1. Coffee (I actually include it in every food group/category)
2. Heath Bars
3. Mixed Nuts
4. Bagel with Peanut Butter
5. Dark Chocolate Kisses
Question 5: What would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. I’d start my own publishing house. That way everybody would be sending their queries to me. Muuuuhaaahaaa!!
2. Every year I would sponsor a week long get-together for each of my wonderful followers at Disney World, all expenses paid. Why Disney World? Because for me, it’s the center of the imagination universe.
3. Change my phone number so the relatives I’ve never heard of couldn’t call begging for a handout.
4. Ensure that my family’s future was secure, but with incentives. Having money should never be a reason to coast through life!
5. Donate to many worthy charities. The child of one of my blogging buddies has Cystic Fibrosis…that seems like a good place to start!
I, in turn, tag the following five blogs.
Jaydee @ Take a seat and stay a while
Lola @ Sharp Pen / Dull Sword
Gina @ Passions on Paper
Katie @ Creepy Query Girl
Courtney @ Southern Princess
That’s it gang. Do I need remind you what happens tomorrow? Yep. THIS IS SPARTA! – A 300 Celebration. :)
See you then.