Be warned though…I’m notorious for breaking the rules that sometimes come attached.
A new award debuted in the blogosphere in the past several weeks and a whopping nine bloggers all felt I just had to have this award. It’s the Versatile Blogger award and it was bestowed upon me by Erica Mitchell Spickard @ Chapter by Chapter, Amparo Ortiz @ No Rest for the Lazy, Kelly Dexter @ Nerdville Rhapsody, Clara @ Pinches of Madness…, J. Kaye @ 365 Days of Novel Writing, Peggy Shumway @ Fragrance of Thought, Writing Nut @ Writing in a Nutshell, and Stina Lindenblatt @ Seeing Creative. Amanda Sablan @ That Unpublished Writer also tapped me for this award…but then she took it back when she noticed one of the others above had already named me for it. (I’m joking with her here).
Here are the guidelines that come with the award: Share 7 things about yourself ** Give it to 15 people**Let them know in a comment that you have given them this award **.
I’m scratching my head trying to come up with seven things I haven’t discussed on here before, so I apologize if my list seems rather lame.
1. I just commented on this one at Jen’s blog today, but I have an extreme aversion to watching anyone play with their bellybutton.
2. I don’t know how to type (and you call yourself a writer), but I’m the fastest hunt & pecker you’ve ever seen!
3. The first of many stitches I endured growing up came as a result of me diving head first from our front porch onto the sidewalk. Why? I was dared.
4. I used to own the same model Trans-Am Burt Reynolds drove in Smokey & the Bandit. My younger followers are probably asking who Burt Reynolds is. J
5. I lived in Atlanta for 9 years and at times my commute to work took an hour, each way. My commute now…five minutes.
6. I once wrote an article for my high school newspaper entitled, The Art of Skipping Class. Everybody hated me for months after that. The administration because I wouldn’t reveal my sources, and my classmates because I spilled all their tricks.
7. I was busted once by the LSU campus police for public disturbance. I had propped my stereo speakers in the window of our 7th floor dormitory room and was blaring “Freebird” for everyone’s enjoyment.
Phew…glad that’s over…now it’s time to re-gift. Instead of selecting 15 deserving bloggers to impart this to (I told you I wasn’t much for rules), I’m choosing those bloggers that went above and beyond the call of duty with regard to my Blogging Buddies Around the Globe quest (I’m still five states short). These kind souls took the time to use their blog to spread the word for me and subsequently brought me ever so close to my goal. They are:
Jemi @ Just Jemi
Jen @ Unedited
Liz @ Cleverly Inked
Natalie Bahm @ Wife…Mother…Writer
E. Elle @ The Writers Funhouse
L. Diane Wolfe @ Spunk on a Stick
If you made a mention about my quest on your blog, or specifically sent one of your followers to my site, then please let me know so I can include you in this list.
I received two other awards that I need to recognize, but I only have time today for one. I’ll save the award that’s more involved for next time and instead focus on the Sugar Doll award presented to me by Erica Mitchell-Spickard.
Personally, I think Erica just laid this one on me because she enjoyed seeing a dude squirm with such a pink, frilly award. But I laugh defiantly at her assumption and instead embrace the Sugar Doll and all its fabulousness! :) There are no rules or hoops to jump through for this award, so I’m simply going to pass it along to six lovely ladies who are most deserving.
Ashley @ Our journey Begins, As The Kings - I just started following Ashley but I’m already impressed with her vitality and heart.
Nicole @ One Significant Moment at a Time – Nicole is away in France right now and this is my way of letting her know we haven’t forgotten about her.
Carol @ Carol’s Prints – Beauty, brains, and a comical wit that tickles me every time. I never miss one of her post.
Laura @ Wavy Lines – Not only do I learn a lot at her blog, but she is one of my ‘Like Minded’ that always leaves insightful comments for me.
Tiana Smith – I’ve known Tiana a long time (in blog years) and I’m still enamored by her blog as much as that very first visit.
Lydia @ The Word Is My Oyster – She is proof that blog friends can help each other out in the real world too.
Finally, I wanted to let everyone know about a contest my good friend Kristi Chestnutt is having over at her blog right now. It’s a real easy contest celebrating…well…really nothing in particular…but she’s giving away some great prizes. I’m not really sure how long it’s running, so you better hop over there right now.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.