I just couldn’t pass up Ellie Garratt’s Horror/Sci-fi Movie Quotes Blogfest, even though I’m preparing for my own a major celebration/contest post scheduled for Monday. I'm posting this a bit early because I might need to take it down early, but here it is for now.
It took a bit of thinking to narrow the list down to just ten because there are so many others deserving to be recognized. (Why do I feel like I’m giving away a blog award?) And one reason why these are some of my favorite movies is because of the witty dialogue, so I could probably pick ten great quotes from a single movie.
Anyway, after much angst and internal debate, here’s the ten quotes from ten different movies that made the top of my list. They are listed here in completely random order.
1. “Get away from her you Bitch!” - Aliens
2. “I aim to misbehave.” - Serenity
3. “We’re gonna need a bigger boat.” - Jaws
4. “You know the part in scary movies when somebody does something really stupid, and everybody hates them for it? This is it.” – Jeepers Creepers
5. “Broke into the wrong God damn rec room, didn't ya you bastard!” - Tremors
6. “Whoa” – The Matrix
7. “We all see what we want to see. Coffey looks and he sees Russians. He sees hate and fear. You have to look with better eyes than that.” – The Abyss
8. “You’re one ugly m**** f*****!” Predator
9. “Aziz! Light!” The Fifth Element
10. “How do you explain school to higher intelligence?” – E.T.