After I returned from my self-imposed blogging hiatus last year I decided I wasn’t going to participate in activities such as meme’s or tagging anymore. Same goes for Blog Awards. Oh, I used to be all into them and relished every single time I received the recognition. Now, I sort of cringe, because I know I’ll be forced to disappoint someone. I still LOVE and appreciate the acknowledgement that comes with such a selection, but I no longer have the time to go through the gyrations that routinely accompany them. I don’t do chain letters either, so the idea of passing something along doesn’t really appeal to me. I don’t want to demean my readers who do enjoy those activities and I’ve probably lost a few followers just admitting this; but it’s just not for me any longer. Nowadays, a kind comment on one of my post is all I need to know you care.
That being said, Julie Fedderson at Gypsy in My Soul tagged me last week with the latest question & answer meme going around. I had been tagged a couple other times before that and managed to fight off the urge to contribute, but the questions that Julie came up with were really playful and piqued my interest. So I’m breaking my own rules to go ahead and answer them for her, I'm also supposed to be on a diet but I'm sitting here eating a Danish. Somebody slap me!! Anyway, what I won’t be doing is making up my own questions and asking other bloggers to participate. At least a few of my principles have to remain intact. J I hope you enjoy my answers Julie.
- Paper or plastic? I prefer those reusable/recyclable bags that Walmart offers. You know the ones that turn into trunk liners because you can NEVER remember to bring them into the store when shopping.
- What cartoon do you still secretly enjoy watching? Avatar – The Last Airbender was the last cartoon one I watched. Terrific series! However, the live action movie based on the cartoon blows!
- If you could pick up an instrument and immediately know how to play, what instrument would you choose? I could get the rumor mill churning about homo-erotic tendencies by choosing the flute, or maybe the Piccolo, but that would demonstrate a complete lack of tact. Instead I’m torn between the Piano and the Guitar. I’ve always had a desire to play one of those instruments, but stubby fingers put a crimp in that dream. If I had to choose, I’ll go with the Guitar. I don’t think I could lift the Piano.
- What is the song that most defines your personality? Of all Julie’s questions, this is the one that intrigued me the most. It’s actually a topic I’ve thought about before, what songs would constitute a soundtrack of my life? A good majority of them would be instrumental, or with very few lyrics, because I’ve always been a very quiet person and prefer to let my actions speak for me, but there are also some rockers as well because underneath my quite bravado, I’m a head-banger at heart. Here are a few I’ve thought about. “Blue Sky” by The Allman Brothers. “Blowing Free” by Wishbone Ash. “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, “Easy” by The Commodores, “Dust in the Wind” by Kansas, “Journey of the Sorcerer” by The Eagles, “All Together…Oh That!” by Focus, “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC, and “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen.
- What’s your anger style? (i.e. simmer and steam, etc.) A cross between Mount Everest and Mount St. Helens. It takes a lot…and I’m talking A LOT, to get me angry. Usually the exasperation I might be feeling stays far beneath the surface and dissipates over a very short period of time. However, I have blown a few times (we’re talking black eyes) and when that happens the world knows about it.
- What do you think will be the downfall of modern society? Note my answer to #1. Great idea’s and intentions designed to slow down the effects of global out-of-control consumption… never taken seriously.
- What is the best character name you’ve ever come across? Pussy Galore in Goldfinger. Ian Fleming had no shame!
- What is your most bizarre beauty ritual? That would imply that actual beauty would result. LOL! I find my entire ritual bizarre because my latent OCD forces me to do it the exact same way every time. Shower…dry…put on socks/pants/shoes (in that order)…shave (electric)…apply after-shave…apply deordorant…comb (despite the fact that most of my hair answered the disembarkation call long ago)…brush teeth…floss…done.
- What is your favorite scent? Did you not read my Senseless post?
- Could your Significant Other identify you by just one body part, and if so, which one? *Stares at the screen, with just a hint of a smile…and winks*
- What moment in your life would have won the $10,000 on America’s Funniest Home Videos? If I decided to vlog the answer to the previous question and it turned out the camera didn’t have enough zoom. #EPICFAIL