Top Ten Movie Countdown Blogfest
Last year I abstained from participating in Alex's previous version of this blogfest, primarily because I didn't think there was any way I could narrow down all of the movies I adore to just ten. I still have that opinion, but I decided to go ahead and list my top ten at the exact moment of this posts writing. Ask me again a few hours later and you'd probably get a different list. :)
Click on the badge above if you'd like to see the list of other participants.
As of right now, here are my top ten movies (based mostly on re-watchability).
1) Aliens - James Cameron is one of my favorite writer/directors (he has two movies on this list and could have many more). "Get away from her you bitch!" is one of the best lines ever.
2) Love Actually - For some reason I have an affinity for British dramadies (Comedy/Drama), and this one is planted firmly at the top of the list. "Just in cases".
3) Titanic - Another Cameron accomplishment. The music totally seals the deal here. "Do you want to hear this Mr. Bodine, or not?"
4) The Sting - A classic that is partly responsible for me wanting to become a writer. "Sit down and shut up, will ya? Try not to live up to all my expectations."
5) The Fifth Element - Just the right amount of quirkiness. "Muli-pass!"
6) The Cowboys - I'm a huge John Wayne fan and if I'm asked to recommend one of his movies...this is it. "I'm thirty years older than you are. I had my back broke once, and my hip twice. And on my worst day I could beat the hell out of you."
7) Field of Dreams - The perfect merging of baseball fanaticism and heart. "Do you wanna have a catch?"
8) A Few Good Men - Aaron Sorkin is a genius and the showdown between Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson is irresistible. This is one of those movies where if you're walking through a room where it's on, YOU MUST sit down and watch the rest of it. "He really does think better with that bat."
9) Forest Gump - If a movie gives my emotions whiplash, then it deserves to be on this list. "Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks."
10) Tangled - I love everything about this movie, and it's one where 3D actually wow'd me. When the princess lights lift away from the city over the lake. *sigh* "Frying pans... who knew, right?"
Special Mention /The Matrix - The action and special effects in this movie were so groundbreaking that it had to be included in some way. "Whoa."