I'd have to say that my contest was fairly successful at pulling in visitors during this years A-Z Challenge, especially considering I had very little time to visit other blogs. A total of 293 people stopped in, leaving 1357 comments -- 336 more than I received last year. Most were one and done commenters (the norm during the Challenge), but 40+ were double-digit visitors and a handful commented on EVERY SINGLE POST! Thank you!! Success or not, I'm glad I held this contest so I could reward at least one of these followers.
Here's a breakdown of who visited my blog in April (note - I only listed the ones who left comments a minimum of ten times, which was the cut-off to be eligible for the prize). And NO...you can not go back to those April posts and comment now, they are closed. If you disagree with the number of comments I have listed, just leave me a note and I will check it out.
Alex J. Cavanaugh 26
Kristen Dyrr 26
Laura Marcelle 26
Melanie Schultz 25
Heather Gardner 24
Andrew Leon 23
C. Lee McKenzie 23
JL Murphy 23
Tiana Smith 23
Christina Rains 22
Yvonne Lewis 22
Amy Lyre Turner 20
Bish Denham 20
Clarissa Draper 20
Sue McPeak 20
David List 19
SP Bowers 19
Cindy Dwyer 18
Joanne Fritz 18
L. Diane Wolfe 18
Al Diaz 17
Deanie Humphrys-Dunne 16
Erin L. Funk 16
Hilary Melton-Butcher 16
Jeremy (Retro) 16
VR Barkowski 16
Allison (Geek Banter) 14
Natalie Aguirre 13
Michael Di Gesu 12
Suzanne Furness 12
Brinda Berry 11
Crystal Collier 11
Elizabeth Seckman 11
M.J. Joachim 11
Nick Wolford 11
Miranda Hardy 10
Now it's time to see who can double the amount of times their name appears in the hat for the $75 Amazon gift card drawing. Below is a list of 26 questions about me, the answers to which were buried in each of my 26 posts. Each person who emails me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the correct answers to ALL of these questions will have their chances in the hat doubled. And it's got to be all 26...no skimping! I will post the answers and the winner of the contest on Monday, May 6th.
Good luck everyone!
1. What is the title of DL's future project that snippets were post in three seperate posts?
2. His most current WIP is what genre?
3. What date foes DL consider his blog birthday?
4. DL's blog was named what it was because of his affinity for flying. True or False?
5. What is the name of the short story DL is about to have published?
6. Where did DL go to college?
7. Which state does DL live in now?
8. DL lacks one of five senses, which one is it?
9. The first vehicle DL owned was what?
11. What is the title of DL's Project X?
12. DL's favorite musical artist is who?
13. What was the original name of DL's first book?
14. What is the name of the anothology that DL's short story is being published in?
15. DL is a military brat...but from what branch of the military? Army? Navy? Air Force? Marines?
16. What was the name of the first major writers conference DL attended?
17. Is DL a Pantser or Plotter?
18. What type of gaming console does DL play the most?
19. How many years will DL be married this June?
20. Is DL an Early-Bird or Night-Owl?
21. Name ONE of the authors that influenced DL growing up?
22. What is DL's favorite MLB team?
23. DL has a writing ritual...what is it?
24. What is the tentative title of DL's current WIP?
25. How many years has WRiTE CLUB been running?
26. What does the 2.0 signify at the end of DL's blog name?