I received 9 emails with quiz answers over the weekend and the ones that got all 26 answers correct have their comment counts updated in red below. That brings the total number of slips in the hat to 984.
Alex J. Cavanaugh 52
Kristen Dyrr 52
Laura Marcelle 52
Heather Gardner 48
Tiana Smith 46
Joanne Fritz 36
Natalie Aguirre 26
Melanie Schultz 25
Andrew Leon 23
C. Lee McKenzie 23
JL Murphy 23
Christina Rains 22
Yvonne Lewis 22
Amy Lyre Turner 20
Bish Denham 20
Clarissa Draper 20
Sue McPeak 20
David List 19
SP Bowers 19
Cindy Dwyer 18
L. Diane Wolfe 18
Al Diaz 17
Deanie Humphrys-Dunne 16
Erin L. Funk 16
Hilary Melton-Butcher 16
Jeremy (Retro) 16
VR Barkowski 16
Allison (Geek Banter) 14
Michael Di Gesu 12
Suzanne Furness 12
Brinda Berry 11
Crystal Collier 11
Elizabeth Seckman 11
M.J. Joachim 11
Nick Wolford 11
Miranda Hardy 10
The hand disappears into the hat and comes back with a single piece of paper. On it the name is...and the winner of the drawing and recipient of a $75 Amazon gift card is…michelle.
Congratulations michelle! As soon as I hear back from her I'll ask her how she found out about my contest to determine if a secondary prize is warranted.
For those of you who didn’t take part in the contest…or maybe just the quiz portion of it…here are the answers to those questions. Once again, thank you for everyone who took part and made this year’s A-Z so much fun.
1. What is the title of DL's future project that snippets were post in three seperate posts? The Babysitters
2. His most current WIP is what genre? YA Horror
3. What date foes DL consider his blog birthday? July 2009
4. DL's blog was named what it was because of his affinity for flying. True or False? False
5. What is the name of the short story DL is about to have published? Itinerary
6. Where did DL go to college? LSU! GEAUX TIGERS!!
7. Which state does DL live in now? Arkansas
8. DL lacks one of five senses, which one is it? Smell
9. The first vehicle DL owned was what? 1966 Green Chevy Van
11. What is the title of DL's Project X? Apollo's Ghost
12. DL's favorite musical artist is who? The Boss! Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.
13. What was the original name of DL's first book? Slow Dancer
14. What is the name of the anothology that DL's short story is being published in? An Honest Lie
15. DL is a military brat...but from what branch of the military? Army? Navy? Air Force? Marines? Navy
16. What was the name of the first major writers conference DL attended? DFW Conference
17. Is DL a Pantser or Plotter? Plotter!
18. What type of gaming console does DL play the most? Xbox
19. How many years will DL be married this June? 30
20. Is DL an Early-Bird or Night-Owl? Early Bird
21. Name ONE of the authors that influenced DL growing up? Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Ed McBain, Agatha Christie, Mickey Spillane, or Pat Conroy. Any of those would have sufficed.
22. What is DL's favorite MLB team? Atlanta Braves
23. DL has a writing ritual...what is it? I wear an LSU baseball cap turned around backwards.
24. What is the tentative title of DL's current WIP? This is another question that unfortunately caused some confusion. Although my current WIP is called Moving Fear, I also mentioned The Baby Sitters as a possibility. I ended up giving everyone credit for this question as well.
25. How many years has WRiTE CLUB been running? Two
26. What does the 2.0 signify at the end of DL's blog name? I quit blogging once and it represents the reboot and refocus of my efforts.